Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Did I Really Just Pay Six Dollars for This Beer?

Another long work day followed by a happy hour at La Tasca - Gallery Place. I got there a little early and figured I would reward myself with a nice cold long neck bottle of something that reminds me of the far away beaches.

It went a little something like this:

-"G'day mate, what can I get you?" [Yes, the bartender was Australian]
-"I will have a Corona, please."

I proceed to put a five on the bar, thinking to myself, it can't be more than four dollars, and a buck for tip is plenty.

He takes the five, rings it up and gives me the five back.

-"That'll be $5.23."

-"How much?! $5.23 for this? You have got to be kidding me."

I reluctantly lay out six bucks and try not to take it out on the Aussie who is just working for tips.

Needless to say, I savored every cent of that Corona, lime and all. Okay, so I admit, I am a bit frugal. Nothing ruins my evening more than paying high fare for cheap beer. The only thing worse would have been having to pay cover to get in to pay for bad beer. La Tasca is on my s-list now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.